Just wondering if anyone knows if the Tokyo-Yuzawa Kagura ski deal has started up yet?

and if so if any one is keen for this Thurs or Fri? If not then perhaps later in the season?

yeah they have.....I think it started on Nov 23rd. I think its 9k until the 19th of December for shink return to Tokyo and your day ticket. Can't do Thurs or Fri, but later in the season is cool for me

I should be doing that deal to Kagura quite a few times this season. Not likely to be weekdays though as I don't have those off.

Last year they seemed to only have a very few seats on these tickets and pretty much every time I bought them (probably about 10 times in all) , they had sold out meaning I had to pay an extra 1000 yen - even on a day in March when the trains where pretty much completely empty :mad:

so pissed off, have had a bad case of Montezuma's revenge the last 2 days, but with out the travel.

Only place I traveled on Thurs was between my bedroom and bathroom :( . oh well next month.

Sh1t! What a bummer! ;)

On a slightly related note (related to ski deals that is, not bowel movements - sorry Sand!) I've just picked up this season's ski bus brochures and unless I'm reading it wrong, it looks like the prices have gone up by 1,500 - 2,000Yen!!! :omg: For example, an early bird trip to Kagura was 6,200 but this year it's 7,800. Still cheaper than the train deal but not as sweet as it was. :sadface:

I can't believe that the component prices have gone up that much, so can only surmise that last year's prices were discounted to attract punters after 3/11.