I have a guest coming to stay with me for a while this winter and want to take him riding around Hakuba/Otari for a few days.

I am looking for any suggestions or recommendations for simple, minimalistic accomodation in the area. I will be taking him to Cortina and Tsugaike mainly, and looking to stay somewhere for maybe 3 nights without breaking the bank!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NECK.

I have a guest coming to stay with me for a while this winter and want to take him riding around Hakuba/Otari for a few days.

I am looking for any suggestions or recommendations for simple, minimalistic accomodation in the area. I will be taking him to Cortina and Tsugaike mainly, and looking to stay somewhere for maybe 3 nights without breaking the bank!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NECK.

I didn't say it was

To be fair, the topic started was

Basic accomodation in Otari

You probably know this

http://www.snowjapan...commodation.php

Petit Hotel Shanze on there is fairly simple kind of place. Lady makes very nice bread.

Yeah, I'm aware of what the top line said, but since he also mentioned Hakuba and I know that place IN Hakuba (and not anywhere in Otari), I put it out there......that's allowed right? I'm not gonna be struck off for this am I?

the thread is also tagged as "hakuba"

Thanks for the tips. Yeah I know a bunch of places down in Hakuba village, but was looking for something a little closer to Otari. Petit Hotel Shanze looks pretty decent.