Delivery to Japan - whats the longest you have waited?

OK so I have an order on it's way from the UK to Japan.

Apparently it left Germany (?) on Thursday last week.

Still not here and the DHL page - and the JapanPost tracking number I got - both still show it "left Germany".

Wondering if it stopped off in South America for a holiday or something.

Unless it was sent on ship or carrier pigeon, I can't understand why it took more than a day to get from German to Japan - but Japanpost reckon it's not here yet.

:grandpa:

Surely not overland. :veryshocked:

It's something I will need to sign for as well, and getting tracking I was expecting it to be fast.

BTW amazon's delivery estimate was yesterday (13th September).

:veryshocked:

I don't think it's that as neither tracking side has it arriving in Japan at all. Previously when I have had tracking I have known when it landed and went through customs etc.

OK I check now and it looks like it arrived last night and this morning is being Held by customs. I presume that means it's going through the process rather than being "held" in a bad way. :lol:

I would love to know why it took 7+ days to get from an airport in Germany to arriving in Japan.

I suppose it will be Tuesday or so before I get it now.

I would love to know why it took 7+ days to get from an airport in Germany to arriving in Japan.

Whatever happened to German efficiency!? ;)

Touch wood, I haven't had to wait long for stuff sent from the UK though I hope I haven't jinxed the watch that's currently winging it's way here from Singapore!! :D

I've also been really impressed by the speed of stuff sent from North America, namely my bmx (from the States) and my snowboard (from Canada)! :thumbsup: