im back in japan for about 10 days and planning on hitting hakuba 47/goryu by my lonesome. im taking the bus from tokyo.

last time i was there i was with two jap friends (i dont speak a word of japanese) and we somehow managed to hitch a ride back to the bus terminal from h47.

what im wondering is where is the closest place to get off to the slopes on my way there?

and

whats the easiest way to get back to the terminal from h47 when im done?

thanks in advance

i don't know anything about the bus terminal, but I do know that day trips are a bad idea.

for the price of a bus to and from tokyo, you can just spend th night at snowbeds (3000 yen) which is within walking distance of the 47 gondola. there are always people at snowbeds that can hook you up with this or that, grocery stores, beer runs, etc. so the 5-6 hour bus ride really doesn't make a lick of sense for a day trip. maybe a 3 or 4 day trip, but no less.

and why would you go solo, when there are like a billion people, most of them cool, on this board?

If you're getting the Alpico bus from Shinjuku get off at Goryu. From where the bus will drop you off, you should be able to hitch a ride up the hill or jump on a shuttle bus.

That ticket you won wasn't 47 only, was it?

Quote:
Originally posted by NoFakie:
If you're getting the Alpico bus from Shinjuku get off at Goryu. From where the bus will drop you off, you should be able to hitch a ride up the hill or jump on a shuttle bus.

That ticket you won wasn't 47 only, was it?
yeah im pretty sure its 47, well it says 47 on the actual ticket (which i cant read because its in jap) can you use them at either one?! i know that you can access goryu and 47 courses, but maybe i need to go to 47 to get the ticket. im not sure.

so will it make more sense for me to pick up the bus at the end of my trip from goryu?

if i take night bus from shinjuku any ideas what i could do from the hours of 5:30 - 8!??

most tickets are shared, but there are 47 only tickets. So you may have to get yer bus from 47. Me and my friends always go midweek to 47, this Tues, Wed and Thurs being no exception. If yah holla, private message or whatever, it's easy for us to give you the grand tour. Or if you stay at snowbeds or wherever yer friends recommend, it is easy to find people to ride with, as you may well know.

thanks man.

i have no solid plans as of yet. got to see how my uni applications go. i need to get onto that as soon as possible, probably try and get them out of the way tomorow, so it will probably be around mid week.