Come on, i know someone here has. I read the two reviews and i feel like theyre talking about two different hills.

http://www.snowjapan...efecture=Nagano

Actually this coming holiday week (for ALTs and public school wasters) i have a bit of a hankering to hit up some of the mt. kosha resorts. They look really daft, and a great change of pace from hitting up hakuba, myoko, nozawa, and shiga (though honestly i should hit up at least nozawa since er, FREE TICKETS!!! WHEE!!!).

So delios? Anything similar to the Ryuoo package they offer? Might be a fun little exploration of kita shiga if i can get some stuff sorted out on it and keep it low enough budget to convince my mate to roll along with it. :)

Holy crap, is it my imagination or can you ride all those resorts on one ticket? I just went to the mt kosha home page and it looks like (aside a spot of potential unclipping, you can actually traverse the entire thing? This place looks awesome!!! :)

birdseye_view2.jpg

as if such a thing would ever have been in doubt! Review forthcoming, but need a preview so i know whats happening. There doesnt seem to be a specific all mountain ticket thus far, but i think you can buy your ticket at x resort and for an extra 500 yen you can use all the lifts?

Doh! theres a whole bloody thread on it... http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/20712-mt-kosha-birth-of-a-new-era/

Rightyo, ive got a tentative plan here.

Tuesday hit up nozawa, enjoy the free tickets (thanks once again SJ-dudes), then get the train to iiyama.

Heres the awkward step 2.

What i was thinking was getting a shuttle bus to ryuoo from there. Is there a timetable? iiyamadude? (or how much would a taxi likely set me back?)

Then score the ryuoo black box deal for 2 nights, 4 meals and 2 lift passes for the nice and cheap price of 12k.

So tuesday and wednesday kip there and ride wednesday/thursday.

Then say byebye to my mate on thursday night. I then score ANOTHER black box ticket for 1 night/1day/2 meals, and its off to xjam on the friday. :) At xjam ill pay the extra 500 yen and see if i can explore some more of the mountain. If i find it fun enough, ill try and find a place to crash on friday night then spend saturday having a wee bit more of an explore, before heading back to nagano and home to saitama in the late evening.

Sounds wicked.

Now about that shuttle bus timetable from iiyama... anyone know if any buses head ryuoo way late in the afternoon/early evening. I might not even need it since my mate is threatening to drive, but just in case... its so far one of the two spanners in my plan (the other one being the ryuoo black box deal requiring me to phone up to book it). But so far looking fun.

• Like 1

that was from yudanaka. Unfortunately its a different line entirely and wed have to go all the way back to nagano from nozawa and then come back on ourselves to ryuoo.

Now about that shuttle bus timetable from iiyama... anyone know if any buses head ryuoo way late in the afternoon/early evening. I might not even need it since my mate is threatening to drive, but just in case... its so far one of the two spanners in my plan (the other one being the ryuoo black box deal requiring me to phone up to book it). But so far looking fun.

I feel it's an appropriate time for this....

I actually watched the everybody dance now video by c and c music factory posted on the 80s thread... that clip is pure skank!

In other black box news, and the reason im bumping this (aside the whole iiyama questions above (buses and/or aprox taxi fares to ryuoo from iiyama station?)... is that there is an english speaking person at the the email linky at the foot of the black box page on the ryuoo website. Bookings were a doddle :) Thanks ryuoo :)