Dude, you mentioned a while back scoring super cheap myoko accommodation. Well, ive got a free pass for the saturday, but need sat night accommodation and sunday lift ticket. What was that awesome deal you talked about which was cheaper than the price of a lift pass. Hell, if its cheap enough ill even do two days and keep my free ticket for another day :)

PS. I would have PMd you, but this is the kinda deal the world needs to know about :p

No worries. I found the deal on the Akakura Kanko homepage under the Stay link. It'll redirect you to a form with a calendar. Just click on the day that you want. If you are on your own it's slightly more expensive (this weekend is 7200¥ for one person). The deal includes two meals (dinner and breakfast), one accommodation and one day lift ticket (+500¥ if you want the all mountain pass which includes Akakura Onsen). For an extra 2000¥ you can get a second day lift ticket as well.

You'll fill out the form online (Japanese only), get a confirmation email, and when you get to Akakan just go to the gondola station and tell the information desk that you made a reservation there. At that time they'll tell you which place you are staying at (the catch is you can't decide before hand so it's a bit of a crap shoot). I think I phoned the company the day before we went to check which place they had booked for us. It was a nice little place but the name escapes me...

Hope that helps!

theres three of us :) PS, you out this weekend? If you are, wanna hang out saturday night (going to try and ride suginohara saturday then around 4 head back to akakan and do the hotel shenanigans).

trying to fix it, but if its the part i think it is (the odayo plan according to google translate), it starts off well with the calender, and appears to have space, but when i input the info it says nothings available. Bleh! contacted the tourist office to see if theyd sort it out for me. Would you mind being a dear and email me linkies at weecree at gmail dot etc so i know im looking at the right pages.

ETA: just used another site, looks like its actually telling me its too late to book by the net and i have to phone up to book now :) no worries then.