I heard there was another recent death in the Niseko area when a female skier hit her head on a tree in Annupuri on 2nd Jan.

Awful to get 2 deaths in a week. Got to admit that it's dampened my enthusiasm for going out today.

Why?

I'm sorry for the loss to the family and all but this is an intrinsic part of life. You live, you die. Nothing gives more meaning to being alive than death.

On the U.S., on average a person dies in a car accident every 15 minutes. While most cases are plied up around this time of the year, on average the common flu also claims about one person every 15 minutes. I rather die out on them hills.

• Like 1

If I had no dependents I wouldn't care but if I die it's not just my life that's affected it's my kids as well. In my mind there's a big difference between dying due to something beyond my control or dying whilst selfishly having fun. I believe the boarder who died last week had 3 young kids.

Yet I still went out today and spent the day off piste on tree runs. Just can't stop.. :confused:

its still sad, regardless of whether a million Gnarly hikers freeze their balls off and die each year by hiking Everest. On the flipside, screw being scared to live your life. You can have an accident doing some of the un-Gnarliest things so go out and enjoy yourself...........we're only here for a short time :party: