Does anyone know a way to do the long line from the gate at the top of the top lift at Hakuba cortina (I think it's called the 'Heida gate'), without having to use a Norikura lift to get back to Cortina?

I have the JTB 29 resort pass which is good for both Cortina AND Norikura, but they won't give me the double resort day ticket, even though it's only 500 yen more! I offered to pay the 500 yen extra, but obviously this being Japan...... No can do. It's one or the other per day. No exceptions :-(

Norikura single lift rides are like, 400 yen or so I think, so how many single lifts would I need to use to get back to Cortina after doing the long line? Or can I somehow cut hard skiers left at some point during the line and end up within the Cortina resort?

I would be grateful for your help here.

NECK.

At the very least you have to take one lift to get back to Cortina (and that is after going over some long flats). The best way to go back to Cortina is by taking two lifts. I don't think there is anyway to ski back over. My advise is to give the whole area a pass... ;)

Give it a pass, meaning that it isn't worth doing given my lift pass situation? To be fair, there are so many amazing lines to be had within the main bowl area....

Give it a pass, meaning that it isn't worth doing given my lift pass situation? To be fair, there are so many amazing lines to be had within the main bowl area....

Yes, that is what I meant. That line off the back is only worth it when everything else is tracked out. It takes forever to get back to Cortina and most of that run is a traverse out over pretty flat areas.

I never boarded from the gate but I played around on the left of Cortina for awhile and watched quite a few guys coming down from above they had gone from the gate and then cut left I spoke to them on the way back to Hakuba and they really enjoyed it apart from a creek crossing.

At one stage further over to the left I was trying to get to that great bowl which is visiblible from Tsugaike and was told my pass wasn't valid but they let me ride back up to get across to Cortina.

Seemore

I have the JTB 29 resort pass which is good for both Cortina AND Norikura, but they won't give me the double resort day ticket, even though it's only 500 yen more! I offered to pay the 500 yen extra, but obviously this being Japan...... No can do. It's one or the other per day. No exceptions :-(

Cortina have done a lot of good stuff and credit to them for it, but that is pathetic to be honest.

OK thanks Black Mountain. I will save that line for when times are really hard.

Seemore, is it possible to get to that bowl through the top gate? It looks like a long traverse/hike to get that far across.... Nice looking bowl though!

Yes Mr Wiggles, it is pretty lame to say the least but what can we do? Maybe the kind lifties over at Norikura would just cut me a break. Seemore seemed to be able to reason with them to get back to Cortina :-)

I don't know Neck

It would be a dodgy walk I don't think you could board or ski over.

Saying that there may be a guide at Cortina who would know.

Mate I didn't really rate Cortina to steep for me and no snow for 4 days so it was steep and bumpy while at Norikura I found a couple of little stashes and the old halfpipes and had a ball.

Seemore