Watch guys/girls go down the mountain that have no problems at all. Take mental notes on what you see. Have someone knowledgeable explain it to you. I know you said you picked it up fast, but you'd be alright to have someone experienced explain away any bad habits you may pick up. It's harder to break a habit of doing it the wrong way than it is to learn it the right way the first time. Most of the transitioning toe to heel and vice versa is a mind game for most people. The fear of falling outweighs the logic of how simple the movement is.

Hummm first of all LESSONS LESSONS LESSONS. I taken private lessons and it is an investment worth taking.

I cannot say for you but my personal experience is work on where you place your center of gravity. if it is leaning to the toe side (which is easy) then the board will want to tilt to that side and naturaly turn. same with the heal side. but it is unnatural for the body so it will take time to get a handle on. use your hips and lower body. for example if you want to go heal side you would want to try and show your 'Tall Timber' to the world. the board will want to turn and it will do the rest. This can be viewed in a different way so as I said at the start invest in a private lesson :)

practice garlands OVER AND OVER AND OVER until you feel confident to drop past the fall line.

Just type in garlands snowboard into google and you can see what they are.

The fall line is when the board is pointing straight down the mountain. When you move from edge to edge you have to cross that fall line. Garlands prep you for this which is why theyre an excellent step for moving on. :)

I think Garlands are the same as "falling leaves"

I found the quicker you rock it, the less likely you are to catch edges. Also pushing out with the back foot also helps.. And don't be too stiff on the board...

But practice, practice, practice... it's the only way.