It's up in Tochigi prefecture and is one of the most poorly-serviced-by-public-transport racing circuits known to man, well this man anyway! :angry:

& yeah, some of the riders including Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo, current championship leader and defending champion respectively, were threatening to boycott the race but I think they've now changed their minds, no doubt influenced by their fight for the 2011 crown and/or the fact that they are factory riders for Japanese manufacturers, namely Honda and Yamaha! ;)

Hey KD, how`s it going? MotoGP aside, you heading back over here this winter?

Back to topic, here`s an extract from the San Carlo Honda Gresini press release:-

Thanks to their incredible levels of dignity and pride just six months after the catastrophic effects of an earthquake and tsunami, the Japanese people have their heads held high and their country prepared to host a World Championship event. It wasn't an easy decision for the MotoGP paddock to make, but this week they will arrive en masse at Motegi in Japan.

Top Japanese rider, Hiroshi Aoyama, said,

"I will have a lot of my fans there at Motegi and I want to give them a good result. For me it is important to be racing in Japan following the sad events of March and my people have handled this tragedy with great strength and courage. MotoGP has close ties with the Japanese people and for the Grand Prix to go ahead will strengthen this rapport. It hasn't been easy and I understand why but to have everybody coming to Motegi to race is a dream come true.”

Another update for any bike fans out there:-

"The top spot on the MotoGP grid will be occupied for the tenth time this season by Casey Stoner for tomorrow’s race at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit. The Repsol Honda rider set a time of 1’45.267, two tenths quicker than pole position challenger Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha Factory Racing), who returns to the front row for the 11th time this season. The Spaniard won the MotoGP race here in 2009, though last year just missed out on a podium finish with a fourth place. Last year’s pole starter and second place finisher, Andrea Dovizioso (Repsol Honda) qualified in third after setting a lap of 1’45.791, edging out team mate Dani Pedrosa who himself had occupied the top spot before losing it to Lorenzo and finally Stoner. A tenth of a second separated Pedrosa and Yamaha Factory Racing’s Ben Spies, who had bounced back after suffered a bout of stomach illness that had him retiring from the second practice session after just 5 laps on Friday. The Texan was followed by Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo Honda Gresini Team), who despite going down in turn 5 at the halfway point of the outing, starts from the second row after posting his best lap upon his return to the track on his second bike.

Valentino Rossi (Ducati Team) posted a time just over one second off the pole position time to start from the head of the third row. Álvaro Bautista (Rizla Suzuki) followed the Italian with a 1’46.586 with Héctor Barberá (Mapfre Aspar) ninth behind his compatriot to take the last spot on row three."

So that's Hondas and Yamahas filling the first 2 rows of the grid. Great for the Japanese manufacturers if not their riders. Should be an interesting race - my money's on Stoner!

I didn't go in the end! :sadface: Am particularly miffed as it sounded like a good race.........

"Dani Pedrosa crossed the line to take the win at a dramatic Grand Prix of Japan, where the only two of the top seven riders did not either run off track or incur a ride-through penalty. The GP began with pole setter Casey Stoner launching into turn one ahead of the field, while team mate Dovizioso jumped the start from the front row, with Marco Simoncelli (San Carlo Honda Gresini Team) and Cal Crutchlow (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) both following suit. Ducati Team’s Valentino Rossi crashed out of the first lap, forcing Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing) off track, dropping the American down the order. Meanwhile Stoner appeared set to take another victory, leading clear and free until running off the track on lap five. Shortly thereafter Héctor Barberá (Mapfre Aspar) went down, while Nicky Hayden (Ducati Team) ran off track after lapping in fourth position. Jorge Lorenzo made his way across the line in second, while Stoner rose to third. Simoncelli and Dovizioso took their ride through penalties and then engaged in a battle to the finish, with the San Carlo Honda Gresini rider holding off Dovizioso to take fourth."

So what do you ride Roscoe?

i dont get out much mick.

i was going to the usa/canada this winter but it was a hassle to organize the visa side of things and i would have been super broke when i got home...

so i will probably be going back to japan again. same old same old powder trees powder trees

Sorry I have not replied sooner Mick I have a 2010 Suzuki gsx 1250 fa. Lucky to have alot of good riding area's around the sunshine coast Going for a quick spin this saturday up thru the hinterland.What about you what's your ride? :)

No worries mate, you've obviously been too busy having fun on your GSX! ;) Discounting my snowboard (no wheels!), my old school bmx (no motor!) and my Vespa (recently sold so no longer mine!), I'm currently without a ride!! However, living in the home country of Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki, I'm sure it won't be too long before I'm tempted back onto 2 wheels and given that I technically live in Kawasaki, I guess I should be buying something green! :D

probably back to furano.

i saw some young italian dood won some japan grand prix on tv last night. not aware of details. just to be on topic. doh

Not sure who the Italian was but Jenson Button (GB) won the Japanese Formula One race at Suzuka, with Sebastian Vettel (Ger) coming home 3rd to clinch his second World Championship, the youngest ever back-to-back champion. :thumbsup:

I'll probably end up back in Furano too, so see you at the bottom of the double chair at 8.45am then! :D

Yeah, great result and for Honda too:-

"Repsol Honda's Casey Stoner has clinched the 2011 MotoGP World Championship title 2011 with a superb victory in the Australian Grand Prix. 43,880 spectators cheered him on his way to his ninth win of the season and the first World title for Honda in the 800cc era."

You might like this little story from last week then:-

"Casey Stoner (Repsol Honda), Colin Edwards (Monster Yamaha Tech 3) and Ben Spies (Yamaha Factory Racing) took part in the official Iveco Australian Grand Prix pre-event on Phillip Island on Thursday, as the trio enjoyed a spot of trout fishing ahead of the weekend’s action which starts on Friday. The MotoGP riders visited the Rhyll Trout and Bush Tucker Farm where seasoned fishermen Stoner and Edwards settled straight into their rhythm. Spies took a little longer to find his feet but eventually caught a fish, and the three riders then sat down to eat their catches."

Pedrosa's looks like he's up for it. I feel sorry for the guy - he's clearly got the pace but keeps having his seasons ruined by injuries! Would be interesting to see who'd come out on top if both he and Stoner were both fit for the whole season.