In what way are they fragile Mitch? I'm not good enough to be throwing them around all that much, don7t really do tricks etc so maybe they don't stand up that way. For what I do though, they seem as strong as any other I've used

Originally Posted By: TubbyBeaverinho
In what way are they fragile Mitch? I'm not good enough to be throwing them around all that much, don7t really do tricks etc so maybe they don't stand up that way. For what I do though, they seem as strong as any other I've used

I have seen a lot of cases where the high backs break right along the cables or the actual plastic. Some of their higher end models like the m9 I guess are pretty sturdy so it doesn't happen. But they should be fine if you aren't giving them hell smile

Tripler! lol Jindabyne is a town on the way to the Aussie snow with a fair few snow gear retailers.

I am sorry - I can't remember the name. It was in the Kanda ski area and one of the smaller shops. REALLY helpful salesman. And my son went back there the following year and the guy remembered him.

Wish I could remember it for you.

Originally Posted By: TubbyBeaverinho

I have seen a lot of cases where the high backs break right along the cables or the actual plastic. Some of their higher end models like the m9 I guess are pretty sturdy so it doesn't happen. But they should be fine if you aren't giving them hell sjsmile.gif

Seen that too my ex was using them and he had that problem.

Amongst other problems haha.

• 1 year later...

I know this thread is from over a year ago; however, I am looking to buy some new Flow NX2-GT bindings for the upcoming season. I currently have some Burtons but they have given me issues in terms of keeping my toe secured and I am hoping for more ankle/knee support from the Flows.

I came here wondering about the powder problems. Considering the new models have the speed-entry and side-strapping options, I am thinking this should alleviate the deep snow problems as I can unstrap pretty easily. Anyone have experience with the newer models of these bindings?

Thanks!

I've just bought the 2013 NX2-SE's for this year, having rode an old pair of flows for the last 3 or 4 seasons. I love the Flows!! They ride fine in powder, getting in is no problem but there can be an issue of getting out. The old style rear entry only was sometimes difficult if u stacked it in deep pow, there wasnt enough space at the back due to snow to unclip. That said, the new NX2-SE's and GT's won't have that problem as they also have the traditional side entry ratchets. They are very well made and are just as good a standard as my backup 2008 Cartels. 1 thing I've noticed is that these bindings are heavy! Dunno how much difference that'll make yet but thought u should know.

I love the Flows!!

skiiers like flow bindings also, they make a mixed group much easier to get around with.

non flow binding instructions:

step 1: stop in the middle of the exit ramp, blocking the path.

step 2: repeatedly slam your board down making an ultra loud thump and digging a divot in the hard packed snow.

step 3: plomp down on your ass and sigh a little, how hard your life is. relax for a second and look around at the scenery.

step 4: realize people are waiting for you. start to clear every last grain of snow out of your bindings, even tho it doesnt matter if there is some in there

step 5: finally put your feet into the bindings, and ratchet yourself in

step 6: ratchet both feet again, 4-5 times just to make sure.

step 7: finally start to get going, only to realize youre stuck on a flat bit.

step 8: show off the brown ass patch of your white pants.

flow binding instructions:

step 1: jam your foot in while youre going down the exit ramp of the chairlift, while simultaneously bending over and pulling up the flow binding fastenerer thingo.

step 2: use the speed you have to cross the flat, and join the skiiers in complaining about other slow snowboarders :p

(and lol, queue the flame)