• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because no one knows which God it is....is it the Catholic God or the Proddy God? If its the wrong God, then I fear nobody would be able to save her

Rugby World Cup draw 2011

Pool A

New Zealand, France, Tonga, Canada, Japan

Pool B

Argentina, England, Scotland, Georgia, Romania

Pool C

Australia, Ireland, Italy, Russia, United States

Pool D

South Africa, Wales, Fiji, Manu Samoa, Namibia

It looks to me like New Zealand has drawn the hardest pool.

• 3 weeks later...

lordy... I stood on the sidelines and watched my youngest play and win 8 from 8 games in a big 7s tournament today. They were U12 premiers in the 15s comp. The eldest is doing a ref course before next season. And all 3 of them (PB as well as the boys) are yelping and hollering from the lounge room debating all the plays and calls in the World Cup.

I still have NO idea.

No clue.

I think the ability to understand the rules of Rugby are programmed onto the Y chromosome.

cheers

The ruck infringement rules are the most frustrating. No one except the ref and a few players can see what's happened and 3 points for a penalty goal is ludicrous. Whole tournaments have been decided on a penalty from a ruck infringement where someone's hand or foot was 10cm from where it should've been

Originally Posted By: Mantas
The ruck infringement rules are the most frustrating. No one except the ref and a few players can see what's happened and 3 points for a penalty goal is ludicrous. Whole tournaments have been decided on a penalty from a ruck infringement where someone's hand or foot was 10cm from where it should've been

That's BS. In numerous occasions, the forwards have raised their arms up to indicate whether they are onside or not. SA, Wales, Oz, NZ, even England to some extent ;), do it.

If they can't stay onside, and they KNOW how to enter a ruck/maul, then they deserve to give away the penalty.
Originally Posted By: Man_In_Japan

That's BS.

So that's your intellectual way of saying you have a different opinion. rolleyes

I was merely suggesting that the over valued point reward for penalty goals and field goals leads to a boring type of spectacle. Teams have lost games even though they have scored 4 tries to 1 because of penalty goals often awarded for a ruck infringement that the spectator can't see.

IMO

That's BS.

So that's your intellectual way of saying you have a different opinion. rolleyes

Nope, calling it as it is.

I was merely suggesting that the over valued point reward for penalty goals and field goals leads to a boring type of spectacle. Teams have lost games even though they have scored 4 tries to 1 because of penalty goals often awarded for a ruck infringement that the spectator can't see.

IMO

Still bitter about the '03 world cup are we? wink

Cool, you have a typical southern hemisphere opinion on how rugby should be played. So in your line of thinking then, all penalties that can not be seen by the spectator should not be given? As such offsides in football should not be given either as they can't be seen by spectators?

If a team commits an infraction, then they should be penalised. If anything, blame the kicking prowess of those who practise in day in day out, and practise kicking from long distances, and manage to score kicks from 50m out.

If a team commits an infraction, then they should be penalised. If anything, blame the kicking prowess of those who practise in day in day out, and practise kicking from long distances, and manage to score kicks from 50m out.

If watching a goal kicking display is your idea of a great sporting specticle that's fine by me.
03? Pfft. I wasn't even thinking about that until you said it. I was happy to see England win (good sports us Aussies) My wife is English and we had great fun taunting the in-laws over the phone.
No bitterness here mate.