Originally Posted By: iiyamadude
OK so you're not giving us much there are you..... surely it says more than that?

INCLUSIONS:
- Return flights Australian Capital Cities -Tokyo flying Singapore Airlines
- 14 nights Rosenheim Hotel Hakuba ski in, ski out property with a great onsen
- Hot breakfast daily
- 12 day multi-resort ski pass
- All resort transfers
- In resort host and guide
- 4 day JR East rail pass

IIRC you turn up to the ticket counter and exchange your pass for their ticket - doesn't save you ticket buying time.

Different resort - different pass (not on same day)

Different DAY different pass.

I think

Still that would be a cool set up, especially if it included Cortina etc.

Having experienced the huge lines on powder days I hear what you say MB about trading in the pass in the morn, here's a pic of the madness at Hakuba 47 last year on one of the better pow days. 10 mins before lifts open.

panhead_pete_88.jpg

Basically two types of multi-day passes.

1. Happo, Iwatake & Tsugaike. (you can interchange the pass on the same day)

2. Sanosaka, Goryu, 47, Happo, Iwatake, Tsugaike, Norikura, Cortina & Minegata (you cannot interchange the pass on the same day)

yeah, Pete, the queues are mad lol

(for anyone who has not yet experienced the joys of Japan the above is sarcasm. You do not want to waste half an hour or more queuing for your tickets every day in Oz, but in Japan buying a ticket is usually a 5 minute turn around).

LOL... I have to disagree. Cortina is a joke when it comes to buying lift passes. There can be 10 people ahead of you and it might take 20 mins. At Happo or Goryu there can be 100 people ahead of you and it will only take 10-15 mins to get your lift pass. Cortina only ever have one ticket window open. I actually find Cortina the most frustrating place in all of Hakuba because of how inefficient they are.

Hey Pete

I had that ticket (vouchers) last year and lost it on the day at Happo

so the rest of the trip I had to buy additional.

I don't like the way they do it in Hakuba you should be able to hand in you vouchers a get a pass for the whole stay not swap them daily in a stupid line (5-10minutes some places).

Seemore

Seemore - i think the vouchers exchanged for lift passes for the entire stay is the way forward but alas it is not as simple as that.

For a start some of the resorts use a i.d chip for their passes. and event these are not interchangeable due to different systems in place.

Some of the smaller resorts don't yet use an i.d chip.

There was talk a couple of years ago using a special gates for the multi-day pass but nothing came of it, probably too expensive to implement.

A super pass - well if the resorts were linked then great, but at the moment only a pipe dream.

Yes Stemik

I thought it would be something to do with money.

And I should have just taken one voucher out every day to the different resorts doh.

Know better next time.

Seemore

The deals you can get directly at the window are usually better than buying a multiday pass. Considering you have to go to the window each day to exchange the voucher I never recommend getting it.

Originally Posted By: BillTheBinMan
What is it with the 'going to the window each day' thing?
Nothing. In Japan.
When you have wasted an hour or more in a massive queue waiting to buy your tickets while ski time is ticking down and all the rare freshies are getting tracked, you will understand the value of a multi day pass.
Aussies coming to Japan for the first time probably expect a queue, and are used to buying passes for the whole stay.
  • 2 weeks later...

The multi pass is a rip off really. You can get much better deals on the day. The multi pass just give the tour operator something more to sell. You can pre buy cortina passed for 2600yen at alpen and that includes lunch onsen and ski. I think it has to be bought before october though. Using a multi pass for cortina is a big waste of 4500 yen. Everyone else is paying between 3400 to 3800 yen per day and that includes lunch and the onsen. I think it might be time to ask snow japan if we can link up some of the discount ticket sites for people as well.

Goryu/47 do a 5 day weekday pass any 5 weekdays during the season for

16500 or 3300 yen per day. That is much less than the multi resort pass.