I had a pretty crappy day at Aizu Kogen Takatsue last Sun. A number of runs turned rather icy early(with ice cubes following you as you come down the hill)and the fact I didn`t sleep a wink the night before did me in. I called it a day at 12:30...must be a new low for me!

hey snoboyaro...

so it was crap at takatue?? I will be there during that long weekend?? was the top lift running?? how is the snow level?? are the trees still looking good??

danz

Okay, I couldn`t have complained about the weather(sunny, no fog)but the snow was only so-so in the morning with some leftover pow on the sides. The few steeper runs I liked quickly turned icy and slightly bumpy(for my liking anyway). I find the place a bit on the boring side. I thought most of the runs were too short except for maybe the top area and many of the areas marked intermediate were actually quite flat. Yes, that top lift was in operation but I was not allowed to go up there(my name is SNOBOYaro). \:\( Their board park was not well put together...everything was cramped and that pipe they had was a joke. I was wondering where would someone do a tree run at Takatsue? The trees looked too tight to be ripping through them but then again it may just mean that I suck. :p I do hope the snow condition will turn out better when you make your way up there next week. \:\)

hey snoboyaro...

next time you head up let me know and I will clue you in on to where the stashes are...no more than 10min. hiking for lots of good stuff...

I've always had a blast there, and not once has the peak chair been running...just need to know where to look

(man...I sounded alot like fattwins on that one...)

danz