Well the top gates werent opening to 1pm so hit gate 5, traversed across a lot further then last time and got to ride a nice gully and then enjoy the walk out. smile

By 1pm I had been riding for 4.5hrs and was a little spent so didnt bother heading up the top to see if they were open as the wind and snow had come back in. FUN day though.

Pete,

from what I've seen it's kinda hard to get a gate report before getting to the hill if your up early.

I've found the best way is to jump that 1st bus to Hanozono and ask the guys at the 1st lift while you're waiting for them to let you on, they'll call Avi control or the higher lifts and ask there. Avi report is released at 0930 I've heard so they wait until that before any gates open generally.

If there's no winds, generally they start the 3rd lift at about 0845ish then if you're feeling dodgy you can take a hard left out of the lift, under the rope, across the lift line and into lower gate 5 in that 1st bowl before anyone eles can touch it. I don't condone this and advise you that you will have your pass taken if you're caught.

Dave