Yep, very common to just send the stuff directly to your hotel. Just make sure to let the hotel staff know you are planning on doing that and they'll just set it aside for you. I often send everything I'm travelling with including suitcases etc so that when I travel I have nothing to lug around or worry about!

Thanks, we are travelling between Zao and Shiga Kogen looks as if its an all day trip, i presume we can use the service to shift our gear between resorts, how long would they take to deliver?

If you send it in the morning it'll be there by the next day... You can have the takkyubin guys come to your hotel in Zao and pick it up. So if, for example, you sent your stuff on Monday morning you'd most likely be able to get your stuff in time for the Nighta on Tuesday (if you are very lucky you'd even be able to get on the hill for Tuesday afternoon) You can generally specify the delivery time so the takkyubin dudes will give you a reasonable expectation of when it'll arrive in Shiga Kogen.

yeah, just make sure and ask when the delivery day will be though, just to make sure. Usually the hotel has a fair few bags kept behind for the Takkyubin people, they'll more than likely also have the documentation at reception.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...