As you know, Nozzers was until recently a skier-only place, and the last few years have opened up to boarders - and now 95% of it is boarder friendly.

I went this year and didn't really notice a huge jump in the % of boarders there - it still seemed to be predominantly a skier resort.

Any other thoughts?

this is my first year there, so i can't compare with previous years, but there are definitely more skiiers than boarders. that skiers only run at the top sucks bc it means the boarder/skier side of yamabiko is always crowded and has shit snow by about 11. and the park at noz isnt well designed bc everything's arranged side by side and you either have to hike it up, or take a loooooong lift up and go down a boring run to get to it. so, i think even though noz is open to boarders, it wont become super popular with them bc it's still more skier friendly.

Been to Nozawa first time last weekend with my friends.. all skiers

Blizzard came and we had nice 60cm+ snow everywhere had a real fantastic time, especially on closed Ushikubi course - there were untracked powder everywhere

apart from that I found the place was bit flat... and lots of traversing.. wondering if its any fun for boarders..? or was there lots of off piste opportunities I over looked??

I saw a steep shute going down on right side of the Skyline... was that good?

Most of the boarders I have seen at Noz have been Japanese powder hounds, of the seriously stoked variety.

This one dude always gives me high fives every time I see him.

I think the traversing there is comparably less than at Hakuba & other resorts that I have hit.

Unstrapping and traversing is just all part of snowboarding.

barok, that speaks volumes about where you go at Nozawa. If you go down any of the bunny runs there, you'll see loads of the floppers and crawlers who are just learning (surely they'd find it cheaper to go elsewhere to do that...?)

But in the trees at the top there were some dudes who just barreling down. There seem to be more every time I go.