I always thought best snow for learning was slightly slushy snow like you get in March in Japan-nice and soft. But downside of that is because you spend a lot of time on your bum you end up being pretty wet unless you have really good waterproof pants.

Originally Posted By: MtHakuba
I always thought best snow for learning was slightly slushy snow like you get in March in Japan-nice and soft. But downside of that is because you spend a lot of time on your bum you end up being pretty wet unless you have really good waterproof pants.
Ahhh... but it can be boilerplate in the morning when it is slushy by lunchtime. Much better to go the freshly groomed fresh with no freeze/thaw underneath. wink

In fact can I just put my order in now for it to puke overnight - EVERY NIGHT - and then be blue bird bright and have zero wind all day long biggrin One can dream, no?
Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Originally Posted By: Hokkaidough
Originally Posted By: rider69
If you can make turns on ice you can ride anywhere.

Perhaps you should go down to Hakuba to get good on the ice, dude. Then you 'can ride anywhere'

thumbsup

wink
HEY!
veryangryThat's our Down Under Advantage!!!!

lol

Hi worst skier in Niseko

I think that title may have to change if you intend to stay there awhile.

I am with GN freshly groomed powder with a dusting on top like a pillowtop mattress.

One think though intermediate or constant degree of slope is better than a really flat / little degree of slope.

It just seems easier to turn.

I am sure you will love it.

Seemore

Soft groomed fresh is best. Some of Japan's beginner runs are so flat that you don't want any extra on the top.

Slush rides slow which is reassuring, but is inconsistent and can be grabby.