ok, so i had my first good experience at hakuba this weekend. met up with some locals, did some hiking. this place is awesome.

the area is expansive!

also, it seems as though there are some moster big lines available if one was willing to do the work to get there. is anyone willing to get there? has anyone done any, particularly the lines above happo?

please share stories, the stuff makes you drool just looking at it.

the south faces tend to go when heated up and its best to stay on the ridges. The north faces are nice but when they rip they rip big. Will go next weekend I think. Makes you drool but it also needs respect

Where did you hike and who did you go with

i was in hakuba for the first time on the weekend.

i was looking at the stuff above happo (at least the view from goryu/47) looked like awesome lines around there, but lots if not all i could see were bad consequences. sunday was so hot i thought i might get to see some activity on the south faces

i saw some good looking stuff above goryu/47 but

unfortunately the group i was with was all resort skiers so i didn't get to hike anywhere.

some of the people i tour with were up above goryu last weekend and they said it was fantastic. said it took 'em an hour and a half to skin up to the peak. don't know which lines they did though.