Chang Baishan, Jilin Prov., PR China

I took my team up to this beautiful volcanic lake as a reward for all their efforts. When we initially got to the top we couldnt see the lake, nor anymore then about 30m due to fog. We had given up and started back down the 1240 steps when the sky cleared a little. One of the guys ran back up and called us to return. The view was awesome, even if not perfect.

There was also a really nice forest walk in another part of the park.

Up top it was cold and wet. If you were feeling lazy/decandent for $30Au you could be carried up to the top.

ChungBaishan038.jpg

ChungBaishan007.jpg

cb550.jpg

cb450.jpg

cb350.jpg

cb250.jpg

Thanks guys. Those porters are killing it. We pay our local casual laborers about $US10 per day whilst these guys were charging $US30 per trip which took them about 90mins max there and back. Didn't look easy work but I'd rather be doing that then carrying the bags of cement like the other dude in the pic.

Whilst there are some heavily polluted places here, some of the natural scenery is world class. They have just introduced a new forest clearing law that severely reduces the ha that can be cleared each year. Will be an interesting space to watch over the next 10 years. Just trying to figure out how to cash in on that whilst helping to make it a better place at the same time.