Hey all

I'm sure this info has been hashed out a million times in other threads dance . . . but I'm wondering if I could get a couple of quick opinions on some Niseko accommodation.

I'm a lone traveler, looking to stay at a backpackers/pension type place. Of course cheap is good, but I don't want to stay at a dump or be kept up all night by the major party types. Was hoping to do max of 3500 to 4000 a night.

What's up with Hirafu Backpackers? It's so cheap, but is there a price to pay for that? Also a new place I saw was Aspara lodge. Otherwise thinking of Pension Kanon.

Thanks a bunch!

--Eric

Is Hirafu Backpackers also called Shizenkan? I've stayed there before and it was a nice enough place... but... the problems I had mostly revolved around other people staying there. Noisy, late night drinking, no-dish-washing etc... much the same story with any of the really cheap places. The thing about the cheap places is that you generally get a lot of really young travellers who are away from home for what seems like the first time and have no idea how to respect other people.

One place I can recommend that is listed on this site is the Bamboo Lodge. The owner and his wife are super friendly, cook nice hot breakfasts and they keep the place in really good shape. If you stay in the dorms there you'll probably be able to get away with something close to the price you are looking for.

I'm a Niseko newb as well. I'm doing Pension Kanon. They have a Log Kabin as well, which seemed to be more hostel style. I was going to do that but they were booked when I'm going to be there. I'm guessing that at both it shouldn't be that hard to find some people to ride with. When are you going to be there?

I'll be there from the 11th of Feb to about the 18th or so. SantaCruz: Eventually they will turn on my PM capabilities and I can send you a message offline.

I'll look into Kanon and also Bamboo Lodge. Yeah, being kept up all night by 19 year old party kids isn't what I'm after. I was at a backpackers here in NZ this season and while I was leaving for the mountain at 9:00 (which i thought was a late start) people in my dorm room were still sleeping. Too bad for them cause I got fresh tracks and they were hung-over. Ski/Board is the priority. If I wanna get drunk and sleep til 12, I'll do it in the summer (oh, except that there's surfing and MTB and camping and . . . )

--Eric