Amusing kids - what parents do

I was just thinking about Thursdays admission that he is a HK Disney season pass holder now that he is a Daddy, and all the rubbish I am having to get up during the school holidays and realized that although there is very definitely a lot of activities that we PUT UP WITH for the kids, there are some we are secretly happy we have kids to drag along to wink

I know my Mum always got really excited about pinching the kids for an afternoon to take them to the latest kids movie - she felt stupid going to see it without a small child in tow, but she always wanted to see them.

I am off to the Perth Royal Show this afternoon, but I am not happy about it. Waste of money if you ask me.

But I am THRILLED that I got VIP Ringside seats for the Moscow Circus on Saturday afternoon, and even more stoked that I am taking them to the Black Eyed Pea's concert the following weekend.

Do you have particular outings with the kids you hate; and others that you secretly LOVE?

fortunately as the kids grew up, i was always at work when the wiggles concerts etc were on, so my wife had to do those instead LOL

More recently we took all of ours to "We Will Rock You", that was fantastic and it was fortunate that the kids really enjoyed it too

Originally Posted By: gareth_oau
fortunately as the kids grew up, i was always at work when the wiggles concerts etc were on, so my wife had to do those instead LOL

More recently we took all of ours to "We Will Rock You", that was fantastic and it was fortunate that the kids really enjoyed it too

Haha
I have done BOTH of those things with my kids.
I was a Wiggles "bouncer" at the Nursing Mothers Association concerts back in the day when they played at local rec halls.
The advantage of that was that the kids actually got to meet and chat with The Wiggles themselves.

And I took my older boys to We Will Rock You, and that started my eldests love affair with Queen and his eventual decline into enjoying Rammstein.

I hate zoos. It bothers me the way animals are caged up and made to behave for the convenience of humans. It bothers me that they are treated as though there is no alternative for these animals because they are very much "domesticated" and cannot survive in the wild.

I was glad when my wife said she wanted the baby to see animals. But shocked when she chose a zoo. The biggest zoo in China infact. The resort consists of a safari park where you ride on a trailer open to the animals. This bothered me a bit as there was no protection should a lion decide he wanted to munch on your nuts. There was a world class circus, some amazing stuff these people made animals do. And of course a really snazzy hotel with every thing.

3965315912_47beb252d7.jpg

3965312030_4a3b293c0b.jpg

3964544647_ebe178a08d.jpg

3964546853_819dda7c5e.jpg

There were about a dozen white tigers milling around outside the cafe where we had coffee. This was taken through the window.

The zoo is called Chimelong in Guangdong province. Famous for extravagance.