Hey everyone, me and a group of around 10 people are trying to find accomodation in Niseko Hirafu. I've had a good look at a lot of places and it seems that it would cost around $1000-1100 Australian to stay in a decent place in a good middle/upper village location (this includes 6 day lift pass and is after Febuary 20th so cheaper rates kick in).

We are all pretty strapped for cash and was wondering if there are any places that you guys would recommend for cheaper or places that you would recommend in general for 10 people to stay at? I know there are cheaper places out there but im interested in first hand opinions of these places please. We dont mind whether it is apartment, hotel or shared lodge etc..

Thanks in advance!

For all your budget needs in Niseko with fantastic pricing, please visit

link removed (it didn't even work anyway!)

20% off if you mention this ad!

SJForums edit:

Oh dear, any guesses why I edited this?

'if you mention this ad' -- the cheek!

(The weblink in this 'ad' didn't even work!)

Will684 - good luck with finding something suitable.

• SnowJapan Admin

It didn't work! You'd think they might spend 4 or 5 seconds more with their 'advertising campaign'.

Actually I kind of prefer these kind of people more than the ones who go about their business in a much more sneaky way. wink

Sorry, Will, off topic.

Yo man, that's a pretty big group. You can rent out entire lodges but the price you quoted seems pretty resonable. Why not split the group up a bit? Most of the accommodation in the area you are thinking about it really close to each other (like literally next door). Knowing the kind of place you want to stay in would help too. Try checking Shizenkan Backpackers, which I think is listed on the SJ accommodation page. It's cheap and cheerful.

Can any locals help me out with J Sekka Niseko just got some prices for it and it seems to be $2000 cheaper than anything else we have looked at. IS THERE SOME CATCH???? Photo's looks good. Price is great. Location seems good. wakaranai

J Sekka is pretty nice too!

We ate at the resturant - Sekka one night - OMG the risotto finished off in the parmesan wheel was to die for!!

Dunno about how the prices compare - but 25% discount on the full price seems to be pretty standard for 09/10. That is what we got.