• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ewww

Ewww

Ewww

It is unnecessary for the most part...most of us have access to fresh meat. If you had to resort to the long term stored stuff - would you not rather a tin of tuna?

But surekly , as mama has said, a can is a can! And tuna is far better canned than the minced scraps of ham or PAL??? The only resemblance they have to actual meat is the fact that they say they are "meat" on the can.

For what it is worth, in Oz, it is possible to claim as "meat" any part of an animal - if it is for dof or cat consumption or for inclusion in a "meat" pie. (They can use gristle and cartilage from ANY edible animal -like cow, rabbit, chicken, mutton etc - and count that as meat for the purpose of percentage calculations).

We had a korean au pair for 6 months a few years back........ (funny enough although she went back to Korea soon after she left us I met up with her again by chance just a few weeks ago)......but she made us nori rolls using spam once ... it was not good.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear
Ewww

Ewww

Ewww

It is unnecessary for the most part...most of us have access to fresh meat. If you had to resort to the long term stored stuff - would you not rather a tin of tuna?

No I'd rather eat the dog food than a can of fish.

The only acceptable meat in a can is Corned Beef!! mmmmmmm evilgrin

Hee hee spruking pups on SJ now are we Stemik?

I have never tried dog food although my kids have tasted a science diet dog biscuit - they were encouraged to by our greyhound trainer - better than people food he said...YEAH RIGHT! Sucked the kids right in. They spat it out. Nuff said.

Methinks Aus Quarantine might have somethoing to say about it if you packaged a couple up for me! They take a very dim view of posted canines wink

Back on topic, the "meat" pie (aka "mystery bag", or "dead dog's eye") is prone to all sorts of stuff. As I said, offfal and other n0n-meat parts can be lawfully minced and put into a mystery bag. Who eats it? Plenty of Aussies, for sure! It cannot be worse than grilled chicked intestines, can it?

Each to his own. I'll stick to my mystery bags and you can have all the grilled chicken insides you can handle (or pay for).