I've got a mate over there teaching english who says there's massive demand for it....mmm y not combine the two i say!!

...i've seen an advert for Skiing taught in english...but was hoping to get some feedback from anybody who's skiied the resorts there and can tell me what it's like.

There are several resorts frequented by Hong Kong tour groups with lots of zero-experience eager beavers who want to try skiing/boarding for the first time but find it hard to get instructors except those speaking Japanese. Anyone who can speak Chinese would make a killing and charge above the standard rates and still get plenty of demand. However, even English speaking coachs are preferred to the Nihongo ones. I remember even I was solicited by the hoards from Hong Kong when I was in Rusutsu last year.

apply to kawaba they have had them before.

Arai hires people too.

Some places around niseko but im not sure.

More resort in hakuba hires bed changers from nz you can check that too.

standard rate is hourly but you will most likly have to work the whole day.

all ski resorts can be found though the resort section of this site.

its better to be here and look. get a working holiday visa teach english save money and look for ski jobs.

A ski resort would have to be pretty progressive though to actually hire instructors with foreigners in mind. If you could get some kind of private action set up you might have some business. Doesn't sound like a bad idea for some of the entrepreneurs out there. I'll go ahead and slap a TM on there now. Feel free to steal my idea, but that guarantees me a job. Cool?

hey thanks - you guys are legends!!

mmm....bed sheet changer.....*gulp*

changin sheets in a ski resort...those are likely to be some of the stickiest in the biz....ugh!

i like the self-mktin/biz idea...unfortunately all the name ideas i've come up with in the last 2mins have to do with "white"(assoc. with snow & plenty of english speakn peeps) or "gai lo on the snow" scenario....ugh both of which..prob wouldn't go over too well. lol

(gai lo - korean..i think for white guy)