Would like to go most weekends, but costs are becoming an issue. So, am looking for places for private rooms at either room rates or per person rates that work out at about 6 to 7k per head. Food and onsen rates to be reasonable with choice of dishes for semi-veggies.

Have 4x4 and heading from Tokyo, so closer is better but must have good snow (not ice like Karuizawa!)

Thanks for anyone who can advise here,

Bill

Hi

I'm not really understanding your post. This isn't a package-making travel agency. "Shiga Kogen-Gunma"? You realise they are quite different and in winter quite far from each other.

Gunma is closer than Shiga Kogen. As is Yuzawa. But the snow is probably better in Shiga Kogen.

You might want to check and contact places here re: accommodation

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/hotel/index.html

If you are living in Tokyo, what is the pricey part of the day trips? The driving up and back? If so you could still do day trips using the night buses, will get you there for around 7.30am on the day you want to ride, if not the shink but then it'll be just as pricey as driving your car. staying over will also be the same in my opinion but go down to JR View or any Travel agent and get a quote and you can weigh up the pros and cons

Either one is north and on the Kanetsu from Tokyo. So, I am looking for recommendations on where to stay in these places at more reasonable rates than the 12 to 14k per night per person I am ususally paying.

As for checking accommodation, yes I can of course read through the listings but I am looking for recommendations from other members.

Thanks

Driving is not the issue.

I have a family to take and having a fully kitted out 4x4 for winter sports is already paid for. Cost of travel on trains and or buses with children at late hours is not really my idea of a holiday...

Basically, just asking if anyone has experience and recommendations at places to stay in these two areas.

Thanks

Yes, I know there are plenty of places too. What I am asking for is member recommendations and not a blanket statement. There is a lot of snow at ski resorts too.

Basically, I appreciate your comments but only if they are actually helping resolve the question I am asking about. If not, then let's save the general chit-chat for forums made for that purpose.

Thanks

Originally Posted By: billsensei
Yes, I know there are plenty of places too. What I am asking for is member recommendations and not a blanket statement. There is a lot of snow at ski resorts too.

Basically, I appreciate your comments but only if they are actually helping resolve the question I am asking about. If not, then let's save the general chit-chat for forums made for that purpose.

Thanks

wow.....didn't realise that you were the ruler of the world, better do what I'm told...well as big will said.....
wavey
  • SnowJapan Admin

Hello billsensei

I have deleted your other post. You are welcome to use these Forums but we really do not appreciate the attitude displayed towards firstly other members of the Forums who were simply trying to help and also towards us. These Forums are generally a very friendly and helpful place to be and I think many people like that about them. To come on here as you did with your first few posts is certainly not the way to endear yourself to other members and get the help that you are asking for. They do not owe you anything, and neither do we, so please keep that in mind if you post anything else here.

Thank you.

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Originally Posted By: billsensei

Thanks

wow.....didn't realise that you were the ruler of the world, better do what I'm told...well as big will said.....
wavey

No! I am the ruler of the world.

Bill, you pretender.