Hi there, Ive just received my accommodation confirmation - i'm staying in Hotel De Laile in Happo One.

They have advised they have a rental shop in the hotel.

Anyone familiar with them/ their rental gear? I'm only seeking an intermediate freeride board and nothing too large

wondered if you would recommend them or use a different rental store within easy distance of the hotel.

Cheers!

Cheers Grundy. Spicy Wadano looks like its about 20m from my hotel too!!

though i'm a little confused, that my hotel is in happo one, but on the map it looks more like wadano, but not a problem, i see spicy also have a Happo location

Let me qualify my post. When my friends went, they found them to be bordering on rude and unprofessional.

The next group I took had an altogether different experience with Spicy.

It might just been 'that day' of course.

Originally Posted By: gareth_oau

though i'm a little confused, that my hotel is in happo one, but on the map it looks more like wadano, but not a problem, i see spicy also have a Happo location

There is no accommodation area called Happo One..only the ski area. Your hotel is in Wadano near the slopes of Happo One. The area you are confused with is just called Happo.

hope this clears it up!
Originally Posted By: gareth_oau

That's a great location mate. thumbsup Literally 50 meters from the lift.
I would recommend spicey as well.
Also go see Mr Kazu up at Villa Hakuba, he has a surprizingly good range of quality gear, and cheap. Not sure if he'll rent to non-guests though.