Miltie, measured end-to-end, they're 26.5 cm. So by the Bomber method, they should be OK (assuming they're not too tight sideways).

I think maybe I need to check this out more carefully in the shop before I go buying online...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally tried out the alpine set at Kagura on Sunday.

Miltie, I probably should have brought my freeride board as there was so much powder. I didn't as I went by Shinkansen and didn't want to carry two set of gears.

It was quite a great experience. I wasn't able to carve so much or tilt my board high for most of the day but at the end of the day, I was slowly getting it and it was amasing how fast you can change your edge. It was also interesting how differently the board felt.

The hardboots were also great. I could see immediately how well it linked the board and it was also not hard to walk around as I could unfasten the buckles.

I am sure it will take me many more days to get it but it was really good fun and I am already looking forward to the next run.

Siren,

Glad to hear you are stoked!!

It's different feeling isn't it? Your board has about a 19.5 cm waist. That's what really speeds up the edge to edge changes.

Did you have any lower leg pain? If so, do some toe raises a couple times a week. I find this really helps especially in the early season.

Hope you continue to have fun. Let me know if you have any questions.

Take care,

Miltie

Hey thanks Miltie.

That being the first day of the season I was taking it real easy and the legs were fine.

The weekend seemed to have raised everyone's spirit here and I hope it will be a good season for everyone.

Wish you a good carving season Miltie.

Bestest,

Siren

Hi Miltie,

Went to Suginohara for the weekend and it was great.

The wide and long runs (with very efficient lifts) at the resort were really ideal for practising. The angulation and cross-over seemed to come together much better this time. The feeling was exquisite – you were falling and you thought you’d lost it but the board just keep pulling you along and you were able to change edge again! And watching the trenches you left behind you was just great!

The nama and onsen at the end of the day were just extra good!