Hey Guy's n Gals,

I just discovered your forum yay!! I've already found the anwsers to many of the questions I had so thanks!

I'm heading over to Japan for 3 weeks at the end of Jan for a boarding trip! I've heard that Niseko is the place to go so will try to base myself there, I will be travelling on my own and was wondering what the the youth hostel scene is like. Ive found "Niseko Annupuri Youth Hostel" has anyone stayed there that can recommend it? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I would like to get atleast 10 days on the hill, is there a pass that will allow me the flexibility to do non consecutive days to give me the freedom to visit other resorts? what is the public transport like? eg. would I be able to travel to other resorts with my board bag and no car? or should I rent a car?

I have so many questions!! ashamed this will do for now

Thankyou in andvance, I'm super excited already POW POW!!

Breedy

Gday all,

My two cents. In my real life I run a property development company in Aus. Obviously after my first trip to Niseko a few years back, I developed a few grand plans of my own in relation to staking my claim in powderdise. What stopped me? That in reflection it was the interaction with the people at the pension I stayed at - not just the wonderful hosts, but the international guests and the whole spirit of the place, that made the trip so memorable. Even if I did have to shower with my mates hairy bum next to mine! The whole quality of the experience would have been missed if I'd stayed in the luxury confines of an apartment or if I'd considered building my own place. True of any travel experience I suppose - as soon as you start distancing yourself from the locals and other travellers, you miss out on half the fun and culture. Yeah, you might not get the truest taste of Japan in Niseko, but you do get a great 'holiday' experience and I can't see that changing in the near future!