Hi everyone, my name is Mac and i'm a newbie to this site.

I'm heading to Hakuba for the winter and i have a few questions and wondering if anyone could help me with them? I'm planning on working while i'm there for the season and i'm keen on some dish pigging or night time bar work or something. I'm keen to work at night so i can ski all day. Are there plenty of restaurants and bars to work at? I was thinking of trying to voluenteer for a pass at either happo or 47, any idea if any of those resorts do such a thing? I'll be looking for a place to live as well, do the restaurants/ bars provide accom for their staff? Are there many places for accomodation in Hakuba as of the moment or are the places pretty much all taken? Anyone know who i could talk to about getting a room in a house, or just a bed smile ? Is it possible to work at a backpackers for your board in the establishment?

Well that's heaps of questions, hope you guys could help me out. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Last March/April I was in Hakuba for a few days boarding, I bumped into a fellow aussie who had arrived a few weeks before and had managed to score a job working at a restaurant called 'Tex Mex' near Happo One.. he was paid, given free accom and also got to use the bosses lift pass between shifts, he mentioned that he just asked around and got a job within a few days. He did have a working holiday visa so he was all sorted on the paper work side of things, I am not sure how easy it is without the visa..

Hope that info helps you out.

I am going to try and find a part time night work in Naeba for around 2 months this season.. hopefully it's not going to be too tough!

I would say yes to all of them. A lot of jobs will have already gone months ago, but people drop out, have to go home early, get crocked etc. If you're prepared to do anything and ask around enough, I'm sure something would come up. There's only so much work that is night time only though.

My personal advice would be - don't come unless you have a decent reserve of money to keep you going while you find that dream dish-washing job. Preferably get a job fixed before you leave Australia.

If you can wing it, well and good, but always have a plan B (and plan C) and remember this is a foreign country where (I assume) you can't speak the language.