Hi again.

As some of you may have seen my previous post regarding where to actually go, I'm now following that up.

We have decided to go snowboarding in Furano....though me been me, that will probably change again tomorrow. Anyway, I've been down to the travel agents and they are busy putting a package together (2 weeks accommodation with 10 days gear rental and lift passes). However I'm sure you all understand that I'd like to see how much I can get it all for if I do it myself.

Flights to and from Japan were easy. Getting to Furano has proved to be problematic in no small part thanks to the sheer number of options available and the absolutely confusing way in which they are presented.

I’m now onto the business end – accommodation, snowboard/gear hire, and lift passes. Thankfully the accommodation is straight forward enough. Prices are available and it’s simply a matter of emailing around until I find a place to stay that’s cheap enough.

However! A quick Google search and a look around this wonderful website has failed to unearth a plethora of rental options (at least not as many as I thought) and I find it odd that I can only find single day lift passes.

So basically I have 2 questions

- where is the best place to hire snowboards and accessories from in terms of overall quality and price in Furano?

- where in furano can I obtain multi-day lift passes?

I can find single day passes fine, but I’m assuming multi-day passes may be cheaper; though then again a lot of things work differently in Japan compared to Australia so I am most likely completely wrong. I have read in a couple of places that hotels offer the multi-day lift passes. Do you need to be a guest to get these deals?

As I have said I have had a look but can’t seem to find exactly what I’m after. Also apologies if this is already in the forum somewhere – I couldn’t figure out a good search phrase that didn’t seem to return every post ever created!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

- Matt.

Edit: Sorry I forgot to mention I found "Good Sports Furano" and their prices seem to be good at around Y18,000 for 5 Days hire (full clothes, goggles, gloves, boots and board). As this is only one of only 2 places I found I'm not sure if the price is any good.

Dunno about the multi day tickets TBH, I've always only seen daily tickets when at the slopes. If there are multi day tickets then there is a good chance that they will only be available to foreign tourists and must be purchased outside of Japan ie thru a travel agent in Oz. Again, I can't be 100% but as Furano is a town in its own right I'm sure there will be plenty rental shops BUT these may not have websites and may simply be a old mum and pop set up renting ski gear. If you are happy with the 18,000 yen then don't worry about it