Important! Toboggans in Niseko - rental/buy and use

Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might be able to rent or buy a couple of toboggans in Niseko this year? I'll be stopping off in Tokyo on the way up to Niseko, so even somewhere handy in Tokyo - maybe Jimbocho - would be ok too.

Also, suggestions for toboggan runs would be welcome. Come the end of Feb '09 there will be 4 x 2 yr olds in Niseko with a need for speed!

Rag-Doll the Ski Hire place next door to Alpen Hotel (base of Ace Quad/beginning of Family run) has some of the little plastic ones for kids.

Not sure how many they have and rental set up through the peak times as we only got them when we went the first time (which was April 07). At that time they gave them to us free of charge to be borrowed for the entire week - they added them to our 'hire sheet' for my snowboard and boots so they were secured with a CC but there was no charge.

Didn't get any in Jan 08 because we were all snowboarding too much! LOL - I also got some massive inflatable ones sent from the US for our daredevils to use -flying off the back of the lower gondola carpark into the open area behind the Gondola Chalets. I have some hilarious video of stacks from that afternoon!! They got punctures before the end of the trip, so we threw them away - but well worth the dollars for the fun they had!

Thanks Mama. thumbsup wave

I was thinking of getting a couple of snow tubes from Landsend. They're about 40 bucks each but the girls will love them, so worth the dosh. I'll check Alpen though, the plastic toboggans might be a bit safer. We're up there at the end of Feb, so hopefully there will be some available.

The back of the lower gondola car park eh? Sounds like just the place. I'm trying to avoid putting the girls on to the piste - each toddler weighs about 12kg, give them 20-30kph worth of speed and well, they would do some real damage to any skier/boarder silly enough to get in the way.

We were staying in the Gondola Chalets so it was easy, convenient and really back yard play for us.

Just be careful you don't go off the back into the river! Just the little bit from the carpark (higher level) to the flat behind the Chalets - it was snow covered so no idea what is under there - or whether it will be built out this year!

There are possibly better places - but this suited us.