Hi all ,

Wondering how much do boards cost in Japan. Here in France average boards are around 400 euros, good boards around 500 and rip off aka burton T6 is close to 690 euros ( must cost less than 100 to produce)... What are prices like in Japan?? (please try converting to euros or USD am not familiar with Da yen \:\)

Nils

Bonjour Nils.

Yeah the boards in France are silly expensive aren't they. But this is Japan and it isn't so much cheaper, if cheaper at all. It depends on what your buying, after only the breifest foray into the snowboard market in J-land, the domestic boards seem to be resonable around 250-300 euros, for top spec. But I was looking at last years stock at a "Summer Sale".

Burton is a rip off everywhere! In my opnion most snowboards are way over priced. They do sell a few Chinese boards, there are a few planks for about 120 euros. But I'm gonna be lookin from next month, when I've got some money.

Nils, boards in sports department stores generally start around 30,000 yen and go up to around 80,000 yen. I think US/European boards generally start around 40,000 yen with anything under that being mainly Kissmark and store brands. In most areas of Japan, you can't find a board above 164 cm.

For currency conversions, this site is worth bookmarking; http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic

I hope you flood the Japanese market with precision made boards at reasonable prices with big sizes. \:D

i still reckon ya only get what ya pay for. uno, pay peanuts, get monkeys!

`they` do have the technology to produce boards that last `forever`, but no-one is prepared to buy `em, bcos they`d be too expensive.

also, board manafacturers only make the boards they do sos they get lots of re-sales. its a fickle world we live in isn`t it?

i rekon yav just gotta try as many boards as ya can at DEMO days and go with what feels good.

just a thought.

If your worried about boards not lasting the distance, try the neversummer range. 3 yr warranty, P-Tex sidewalls (indestructable), V-carbon not length to length (torque through the turns). I'm up to No.3 and it's not that my boards have died, I just upgraded to suit conditions. Unfortunately you can't get them in Japan but US,Canadian and Europeans, Kiwis and Aussies can at home. They're about $US450 which is expensive but you can be rest assured you won't have a problem with these boards.

http://www.neversummer.com

Have a look at the construction link and decide for yourself.