Barok:

I'm not sayingthat FS is wrong, am saying that 16 yold marketing targets should not be representatives of a sport /passion that has so many different ways of expressing itself. What i'm saying also by including ski companies in the story is that they have brought marketing as a science within their approach to the sport: marketers have seen that its cool to bet on the "attitude thing" aka youth and rebel attitude which after all is just about wearing brands, bying goggles that cost twice as the regular goggle and "look cool" thing.

And no, i don't believe anymore that the new breed of freestylers is as free as you say when it comes to the independence of mind. They are all trying to get sponsored, get press coverage and pull rodeo 720 instead of riding on their own, freeriding. Personnaly am not against BC kickers, it just allows me to ride more unridden pow when they are spending the day building that kicker, but I prefer to see freeriders on skis or snowboards pull impossible tricks on the move.

Last year at la Grave was funny, we were all there riding swallowtails in that impressive place and there was this swedish group building a kicker in the middle of the only groomed area there, to shoot pics of a skieer doing backloops for a swedish mag... Most guys thought what a waste of time: you're in freeriding heaven and you're like wasting time building a kicker you could have build almost in your backyard!...

My story tried to talk about that spirit 'glide spirit" that isn't there anymore in the FS (which is fun i don't doubt it). This is also why i do believe in the huge sucess of the newly launched snowboardjournal that will show people actually riding snow, not jumping everywhere ( http://www.snowboardjournal.com please DO subscribe to this when its possible online: this is going to be THE ultimate mag that will show ALL aspects of our passion).

So FS is ok, but we are tired of seeing it rule the sport, kill the small industries that are not marketised (can't compete with salomon or rossi ). We want diversity as you mentionned it, and fewer commercial approach... Maybe its a maturity question.. i don"t know..

Nils

Learning curve \:\)

If you are already an alpine rider with a average to good level: i'd say around 10 days, more if you don't have the right board which I assume most people don't have (got the list of those who have it \:\) )

If you never did alpine and are not use to carve, might take a bit longer but its good to understand that the EC technique is NOT a hard thing to learn or practice, it doesn't requires mach speeds or crazyness.. All you need is stamina, commitment to lay down and timing...

To explain our site in two sentence:

- Learn the rotation turns and use it

- Lay down early and push the board away from you BEFORE the board is down the fallline

when you masterize both things, its time to reach minimal use of movements (especially arms). This is when thinking they are glued to the sides helps ( or use velcro !)

Hope this helps!

nils

Goods as board???

The retail price of the Swoard is 790 euros ( around 100.000. Assuming shipping is around 100 euros for japan, total cost would be in the 110.000 range for a Japanese customer (no idea what the japanese VAT is but you're likely to pay it in 80% of the cases (its charged by the shipping company usually).

The price can be compared to what a custom board would cost in Japan for example.. More details on the board on the site \:\) > the topic was not about 'showing off' our board! (its the best carving board ever but shhhhhh).

Nils