I'm getting some new goggles... does anyone have any recomendations for/against certain brands?

I've used oakleys (o-frame) and bolles. i like them both. oakleys have awesome vision, but fog a little when hiking. bolles never fog but the peripheral vision is not as good

Here's my personal ust-haves for goggle shopping:

1. Double-walled lenses to prevent fogging...accept no substitute.

2. Easily available/inexpensive replacement lenses and/or different color lenses...because believe me, once your lenses get scratched up (this will happen), you'll be happy if you can make them like-new again with replacement lenses, rather than having to buy a totally new, expensive pair of goggles.

3. Must fit my face shape without letting wind in here or there, and without blocking my field of vision.

If you can find something like this, then forget about the brand name and buy the cheapest cool-looking ones you can find!

Cheap, single-lens goggles fog up, scratch up and end up in the trash much too soon to be worth the savings...but you don't have to buy the top-o-the-line stuff to get great performance.

I've had some Arnettes and some Simths, both were great, bought on sale as last year's model etc. I try to buy replacement lenses at the same time as the new goggles because it's hard to find the exact ones you need in the middle of the season.

"Be seeing you"!

\:D

excellent advice, listen to the man. If you score a new pair tho - that'll be 3 pairs of goggles u'll have. If u get 3 different lenses too, talk about flat light/bright/overcast ownage!

BTW - Where abouts in Perf r you from Spook? My folks live in Applecross.