How old are your parents?

Mine are both now in their 70's and when I stop to think about it I find it hard to believe. Those years are being added at an alarming rate.

Thankfully both of them are relatively in good health still (and have always been as I can remember) but I can't help but notice slowing down and some ageing things which are obviously inevitable but I have never really though of that kind of thing before now.

Life, hey?

Partly depends on how old you are - so, my old man is 84 pushing 85. Mum is a year younger, 84 in October. Dad is now wearing hearing aids in both ears (not terribly effective at times), has glaucoma in one eye and has recently had a major deterioration in the sight of the "good" eye - to the point that he can see shadows but no detail.

I have a hearing aid, partly due to the years of working in noisy environments before ear muffs were considered important. And continuous noise in both ears (tinitus is the technical term) which makes getting back to sleep at 2am quite difficult. (still 60 years and still skiing!)

Dad is long-gone, but were he alive he'd be 101 (born 1907).

Mum is still here at 91, physically OK but totally lost her marbles. Much like Thatcher. OTOH, father-out-law is also 91, physically ruined but mentally bright.

Dad is 60 and Mum will be 60 in Janaury. They celebrate thier 40th Wedding Anniversary in a couple of weeks (Fathers Day in Perth - LOL!). Both are physically fit and well, both are vibrant and mentally with it (and keep it that way with Gameboy DS Brain Training and Sudoko).

Parents in law are one month younger and one month older than my Parents. Both physically shot to pieces, both suffering mental deterioration/illness. Very sad really.

My parents are getting on a bit now (60s) and for their age doing well I think. My mum isn't as agile as she was 5 years ago, but can still get around. The thought of them getting older and what is in store isn't something I've put much time to. But I do try and make the most of our time together when we are. Even though I live on the other side of the world, I can't imagine life without them.

Well waddaya expect JA I am only 39 (and hanging on to that for a couple more months!!!!). LOL.

My folk were the traditional youngsters in 1968...lurve you, lurve you - whoops havin' a baby....married in Sept, baby in March of 1969...Mum was just 20 and Dad turned 21 a week after I was born.

I was out of the ordinary for my generation. I married at 20 and had my first child 4 days before my 23rd birthday. My 4th was born at 30. Most of my friends were still night clubbing at 30 ... they are taking FSH and doing IVF NOW. ...

So I still have my Nanna (86) and hopefully my Mum and Dad will be around to see and love thier great grandkids too!