Remember him?

Seems he is getting a lot of attention again now due to some silly tomfoolery web something or other. He's from Newton-le-Willows, St Helens near, from where I'm from. My mate from way back used to play in a band with him before he was famous. I met him once. I feel honoured.

Rock star!!

An estimated 13 million internet users have been tricked into watching the video for Rick Astley's Never Gonna Give You Up in the last couple of weeks.

In one of those moments of mass online hysteria that record companies wish they could replicate at will, thousands of internet users have been sending out links to scurrilous videos and websites, which actually take you directly to a video of Astley's pop masterpiece.

"I think it's just one of those odd things where something gets picked up and people run with it," Astley told the Los Angeles Times last week.

"That's what's brilliant about the internet."

Well later on he was signing about being Together Forever.

Contrary to musical evidence, this is actually a different song - not a remix. Honest. Don't you just love those Stock Aiken Waterman sounds of the 80s!

A girl I used to work with, her dad was in a pretty big USA glam rock band a while back. The lead singer was called "Chainsaw" something or other. The whole reason behind his name is that whenever they did a live gig he would bring out a life size cardboard Rick Astley on stage, then promprtly take a chainsaw and begin hacking it up!!

Originally Posted By: ger
So what's this web tomfoolery involving Rick Astley, then?

mate what it was was this song that would playover and over on your machine if the sound was up you couldnt stop it - I mean you could but most people dont know how 1

I fell victim and was fn embarrassing in a busy office 1