Interesting.

I'll tell you what, it would drive me insane if we suddenly had babies in the office.

Quote:
An unlikely trend is emerging in the US: a growing number of companies are allowing parents - usually mothers - to bring their babies into work. But is it possible to get anything done? A very sceptical Zoe Williams attempts it in the G2 office, with her six-month-old son in tow.

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/family/story/0,,2271715,00.html

No way!

I can totally appreciate in office daycare, in building daycare etc so a feeding mother can still manage to breast feed her baby - as long as the nursery worker took the child away afterwards and change nappy, played with child etc etc. Just have a look at the bombsite that is often a new mothers home - washing in piles ready for sorting, toys on the floor and a coffee gone cold on the bench. Ummm...mothering baby and working productively. Hard Call!

And this from a woman who studied fulltime with a baby. Yes I could type while he was feeding at midnight (awkwardly), and I could read study materials while rocking his rocker chair back and forth with my foot - but it is not optimal.

If it was a creche on another floor of the building and if the carers were fully qualified professionals with a heart, then it could be a good idea for the mother's office. But not mine.