Myself and a group of freinds are heading up to Nagano at the end of november for a snowboarding trip. Will there be any snow up there, and if so where is the best place to go ride this time of year? We know not to much about up there so all your help would be greatly appriciated.

Brandon

We're all waiting Brandon, we're all waiting.

The snow is taking its time to arrive.

If you keep your eye on this forum and on the weather reports on the site etc you'll be able to keep up with the latest.

Hopefully you will be ok.....

Your most likely bets are the high places that open early. Happo and Nozawa are most likely to have snow earliest, but whether they get it when you plan to go is open to question. Last season Hakuba had more snow earlier on than Nozawa.

Look at the forecasts, check the webcams, and try to leave your decision as late as you can.

If you're hell bent on going whatever and the snow doesn't oblige, then you might need to think about places like Karuizawa that do man-made snow. I don't know much about that though as I've always gone to the places that get good natural snow.

Onsens are hot spring baths. Not really a substitute for snowboarding...

If it snows, Goryu Toomi and hakuba 47 (along with previously mentioned) will open. If they're not open, it's unlikely anywhere else will be without artificial snow.

Not great, but for artificial snow, Sunalpina kashimari usually has something going by the end of november.

Oh, and lets not forget Ontake. Thats always open (artificial but a lot of it) by the end of Nov. I, personally, don't like the place, however.