I want to download something but the service uses technology that lets it know if I am in the UK or the US (the places that are "allowed"). It says it does this by IP address. Is there any way to fool this at all to make it think I am in the UK or the US?

(Of course I wouldn't dream of doing anything illegal).

\:\)

FFS, the spoof emails are ALL (or at the very least 90%) from email addresses that are either non-existent or not the one from which they are sent.

They don't actually get sent from the mail that looks like sending them right? I thought it was just made to look like it is coming from the big name domain name rather than the crappy no-life spam guys site it is actually coming from.

Originally Posted By: BillTheBinMan
Interesting, I wonder if that would work with the BBC iplayer that lets you watch all the programs from the last week or so. I'll have to try that.

it should work fine thumbsup.gif

I used it at the weekend to listen to the Scottish League Cup final (which was only available to ppl in the UK)

u should be able to watch Match of the Day and any other programme using it
  • 4 weeks later...

it`s not spoofing.it`s called proxying

You can use a proxy server in the uk to relay the stream thus fooling the bbc into streaming the content.

This is not illegal, all you need to do is find a public proxy server in the uk, you can google for a list.Set your browser to use the proxy servers IP address and you should be able to do it.