Are you self-centered, arrogant or conceited? Must have a Mac then!

"Are you self-centered, arrogant or conceited? Do you have a strong need for recognition? You must have a Mac, according to new research."

A report (right, yeah!) says you are 60 percent more likely to own a Mac.

More factoids: Mac users generally consider themselves superior to PC users. They are more likely to use teeth whitening products, buy organic food, purchase more shoes (an average of five pairs last year), frequent Starbucks and drive a hybrid car.

They also pay for music they find on the internet (50 percent versus 16 percent of PC users).

The study was conducted by Mindset Media, which surveyed 7500 Mac and PC users. Thanks for the link, Candace.

lol.gif

Well, I do buy organic food, but that's about all from that list.... I prefer to buy CDs than pay for compressed music. Last pair of shoes I bought was well over a year ago. Of course, having a mac I must be self-centred, arrogant and conceited as well.

I use a mac. Guess it's billed as being kind of an 'alternative' thing. Maybe self-centered, arrogant people view themselves as being better than the 'mainstream'. Whatever. I don't know why mac users would buy more shoes though...

Funny, I actually dont think of Mac as being alternative at all. PCs seem more alternative to me because of all the customization you can do on them. Macs just seem overpriced and superficial (ie. design centric) to me.

Its the same with ipod's though. Apple markets itself as the cool alternative, but in actual fact it becomes the norm. 1 thing is though, unlike other products, Apple products never seem to lose the "alternative" tag

• 2 weeks later...

i run a mac, and have done for a few years cos i studied design at uni, it seemed logical.

i think the report is correct with these new fangled - "i have just bought a mac and know everything about steve jobs and will constantly give you advice you dont need about things you already know" i bet they spend all day sniffing their own farts and discussing how much better the world would be if everyone listened to creed and U2! Man they p me off.

Macs are better for some things, pcs others (mainly gaming - so i just got an xbox) but still its a choice i think everyone should make for themselves. Just cos you run out and buy a mac book air cos its thin, doesnt mean your cool or alternative or have any right to wear a black polo neck sweater tucked into jeans...grow up

my friends are split down the middle, some used pcs for years others macs, and we are all very similar people. I just hate the lagard cool dads that seem to be popping up with apple stickers on their vespas.

end rant

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
Its the same with ipod's though. Apple markets itself as the cool alternative, but in actual fact it becomes the norm. 1 thing is though, unlike other products, Apple products never seem to lose the "alternative" tag

The iPod and the Mac are not "alternative," neither is U2. It's a machine and a very nice one to use. There are other practical reasons for using Macs such as a Linux-based architecture that makes it more stable to run than Windows machines.
 Originally Posted By: tripitaka
 Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver

The iPod and the Mac are not "alternative," neither is U2. It's a machine and a very nice one to use. There are other practical reasons for using Macs such as a Linux-based architecture that makes it more stable to run than Windows machines.

thats exactly my point, BUT they are marketed in such a way that they are a "cool alternative" to the other mainstream models. Even although the ipod is the most popular mp3 player out there

Totally agree Al. I like some of their songs, but Bono is a real asshole