Enjoy JA.

I would love to come back for 09 but looks like Papabear wants to try out the rest of the world too! LOL Nozawa Onsen looks great!! Maybe if the eldest cub absolutely rips up his Year 12 Exams, and scores with his Japanese (he NEEDS to use his J score in his TER score) we can persuade Papabear to go wherever he wants to go VIA Japan! Hee hee <SNEAKY>

Ta mama, Sure to! We went with a couple of mates, had an absolute blast. Trying to get a TR together, but the forums and other stuff keep interrupting my plans! You know, stuff like work, sleep, eating, etc... all cunningly designed to take up time so I don't have enough left to fix the pics and do the TR.

Feeble excuses, I know, but the best I can come up with on the spur of the moment. {;^)

That didn't make a whole lot of sense. Maybe it's the few glasses of red I've consumed, or maybe you are just not making sense.

Why go to Niseko as well as somewhere else? With a limit to the budget (unless you've not got one) I go to a destination, ski there and do a couple of side trips as well. (This year, we stayed at Furano, but did a day trip to Kamui and a day excursion to the Asahidake Zoo. Both were very interesting!)

My main reason for avoiding Niseko (after 2 trips there) is to get some authentic local culture and custom. I can get redneck yobs any day of the week, just have to go out into the streets of Tamworth, plenty there! What I want on a trip to Japow is pow and lots of Japanese food/lifestyle/culture.

Well, yes, I(and we) will go to Niseko at least once a year, and go elsewhere in addition. Budget and time not a real problem, 'cept the baby is keeping us (well her) away from the snow for the time being. But wait 'til he hits 3.

I treat Niseko like my local. If you've only got time for the one pub, then that'll be it.

Mama.. Didn't really run into the redneck/yob up there. Everyone was really friendly and well behaved!

If you want the Japanese culture I think you are going to have to do either noz or find some tiny tiny little ski area somewhere but facilities will be limited.

Hakuba I think isn't that much of a Japanese experience (besides more Japanese being on the slopes) If you want your culture, do it before or after your snow time!

Thursday.. 3?? why you wait so long?

3 seems to be the consensus with the instructors here. At 3 they can communicate effectively that they are: cold, hungry, miserable, need the toilet, want to find mum and dad, or let's go higher. That's the theory anyway.

• 1 year later...

Mamabear

Great Photo's

We are thinking of taking my 2 girls over this xmas and Thursday mentioned to stay at Niseko.

Can you give me any Ideas on places to stay/ Family Accomodation.

Any hints as we have never been OS before

Seemore