Im so jealous of you guys, I am stuck working 1730 - 0530 fri - sun. But Im taking off early Monday morning for a day trip to Kagura. You guys try not to thrash the entire mountain, leave a patch of pow for me on monday please.

Turns out that the person I was going with has pulled out, and I can't afford the car rental/tolls all by myself. Too late to get a train deal as well (please tell me if I'm wrong here!).

Really wishing that I had taken a forum member's kind offer of a lift today. Admittedly there was stuff I needed to get done this weekend but now I have a weekend completely ski free... I hate the fact that for skiing/surfing nobody I know is as keen as I am, which means I always get cancelled on... grrr.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing some shots in the other thread, second hand vibes will have to suffice this week!

The green window is open until 11pm but the びゅうプラザ place shut at 6pm. I was under the impression that you could only get the train deals from the びゅうプラザ travel centre and not the green window... I'll make a dash for it if that's not the case!

Didn't quite get the pack, but got some shinkansen tickets much more cheaply than I had expected. A day's skiing all-in for under 15,000 yen - can't complain! Thanks for the encouragement, will report on how it went!

And a night-time cycle through central Tokyo is always good fun anyway.

Originally Posted By: Kingofmyrrh
doubt TB will see this, but if anyone else knows: where do you get this deal? Just turn up at Tokyo station the morning you want to leave?

You can do a day trip to a number of resorts using the Shinkansen out of Tokyo. I think it's a pretty good deal and I have used it at least a dozen times. You pay between 8000 to 12000 Yen(depending on ski resort you go to and date.) for the train and lift ticket. You'll have to at least be able to speak and read some Japanese to do this. Otherwise get a Japanese friend to help. It's really not that hard though. Just go to any JR View Plaza, pick up one of these:http://view-web-magazine.eki-net.biz/07435_1204/

A reservation is required. Just turning up at the station the morning you want to go won't work. I'll also add that it doesn't look like these day trips by Shinkansen won't start till around Dec. 22nd.

Hey Guys, sorry KoM, I didn't see it, I had an awesome time yesterday!!!

I guess you know now, but yeah it was at the View Travel Centre. I couldn't believe it was so cheap!

Tsonda, I was in Kagura yesterday. I wanted to try out Tashiro but in the end I had enough to keep me busy just getting in some turns on Kagura. I was impressed with the snow, as there were loadsa people out there. It was pretty chopped up in places, but I thought the quality was still good.

All round, it was a great opening day (for me \:\) ) and it sure beat sitting around on my ass doing nothing.

PC080276.jpg

PC080269.jpg

PC080268.jpg

here are some photos, sorry they aren't very good, I was on my own and frankly didn't have time to stop and take pictures!! \:D

**wow they're huge, sorry about that!! BTW how to you resize them?

I am mate. It was my first time on a board since Easter 2006, so I was a little nervous about how I'd be, but it was like riding a bike, 2 runs down the nursery slopes and I was back in the saddle!! \:D

I'm definitely heading out next weekend again (providing the weather is good) and I've got 2 options, a couple of gus I know are heading to somewhere in Nagano and they have a space in their car but 2 other mates wanna go up as well so I may just go with them on the shink somewhere, its good to have choices!!!! \:\)