I'm not an obstetrician, but the issues are heat/time in onsen, and in natural onsens, bacterial contamination. Both bad for baby.

If she has a chlorinated onsen at the hotel, and the temperature can be set to below 38C/100F, then that might be OK.

I'm curious about the beef ban, Thursday. The others make some sense, but if the beef is well done, it shouldn't be a problem, and is a rich source of iron.

Keba,

there's a traditional belief that dark meats hold more "poisonous constituentts" for our bodies, so sensitive people in the sense of skin irritation, are advised to avoid it.

Modern thinking of course is the hormone content of meat.

Travelling within the country that you live and will give birth is a whole different thing to international travel while preggers.

Been there done that 4 times - I would travel within Aus (my home) up to 36/37 weeks any day... after 37 weeks you are risking it - high chance of labour!

If she is going to be prem then it would happen at home or away, and while she might be closer to a neonatal ICU in Tokyo you can't live your life deciding not to do stuff because of worst case scenario's. Yes - look into the options for a worst case scenario - but don't build a cotton wool fortress wink.gif

If she feels happy, Dr feels happy - then go with it! And enjoy!