Yahoo & Mac Widgets. Do you use them?

Hi All.

I would like to know how many people here use yahoo, or mac Widgets.

If you don't know what widgets are, then you are missing out on some very cool stuff. Ok, not that cool, but it will make you king (or queen) nerd around your workplace.

Ok, they will think you're a complete dork, but don't take my word for how cool they are, check em out: http://widgets.yahoo.com/

Any thoughts are appreciated, I have a few ideas brewing, and want to get some feedback on what types of widgets people find useful.

Cheers

just had a look at the link.....and I still have no idea wot u r on about lol.gif

I'm just not techy, so just do it and if i can use it I will, if I can't no harm done cos I'm ignorant!! \:D

I tried out those widgets a few years ago before it was bought out by yahoo but I found I never used them. Prefer to have all that stuff coming from bookmarks in firefox. I almost never look at my desktop.

I use my mac widgets.

The main ones are

ASX stocks

Calculator

Currency Converter

World clock (to keep on time for live surf webcasts)

Translator

Days countdown

Dictionary and thesaurus

I find em really handy on the mac, especially the ASX widgie.

Just click on dashboard and I've got price updates ASAP or whatever I want.

i had a look at the widgets but did not see anything that would interest me atm..

if you need a tester just give us a yell..

a widget for japanese snow resort webcams is the only thing i can think of that might be useful for me..

or australian ones maybe. i used the webcams a lot the preceding season for oz snow resorts..

Personally i like to keep things really simple and my desktop uncluttered as much as possible, but that is just me..

I use the yahoo widgets, there is one that is a traffic webcam (Trafficwatch)from nz but you can add any webcam url to the 4pic display; I have Hakuba, the Craigeburn range and Ch-Ch in mine.

There is a cricket widget that updates scores, Calendar, weather - with its snazzy current conditions pictures, CPU and memory monitor, notepad.

They are really handy, I use them all the time