This report was written for ski.com.au in Aus so some of the names may not be familiar to this forum, sorry guys!! I also know that aus snow and terrain is not as epic as Japan but it is fun all the same, so here goes:

I managed to pick Hopey up from a station on the airport line in Sydney by around 5:30pm Wednesday after my plan of getting to the airport by 4pm was thwarted by Apec and that pesky thing called work! We got on our way and had a sweet run to Jindy and on the way we stopped at Rhythm and drooled over their impressive range of phat skis at sale prices!

We awoke early the next morning and headed to Guthega. Set off from Guthega at around 9:30 in the am! The creek was slightly higher than our previous trip making for an interesting crossing to say the least. We hiked for quite some time thru carpy heath and other vegetation until we got onto skinable snow about 1km from Illawong bridge. Once on the snow the pace picked up a bit and we got to camp around 12:30 after quite a leisurely trip. We set up camp and then headed for a short tour to Twynam. The cloud had other ideas and we quickly changed our tune to Anton, a wise move as the vis and snow were far better for a late afternoon jaunt!

Friday we awoke to the last of our merry sextet who had arrived during the night. We headed up to Twynam with a view of heading towards Watsons Creek. The snow was softening nicely and we had a cracker of a first run, so good that I decided a second was in order! Action goat was going for his top 10, have to admire the mans dedication and experience.....he did so many super sweet lines in three days touring!!! So on this day he added Siren Song Creek and Watsons Crags North to his list of "done that"

We headed back down the NE face of Twynam, always a great run back to camp.

Saturday headed west again, our humble aim was Siren Song whilst AG was keen for Caruthers chutes, Sentinel Ridge etc. We got to Siren Song Creek and had a couple of very nice runs. We turned back to camp early and hit Twynam on the way of course. The lads sessioned a little booter just above camp whilst the older folk sat and sunk p1ss!

Sunday we humped straight back to Guthega whilst AG went and bagged a few more of his top ten, West Twynam and I think the Crags South aswell???

Overall we had a brilliant time skiing some spectacular terrain with an excellent crew of Caboose, Hopey, Positron, Action Goat, Taxman and yours truly! It was one of those trips that nobody really wanted to go home from, the weather was stunning and them thar hills had some really fun skiing!

Thanks to all those who made it there, and also to TF and his bro for showing me and Caboose around a few weeks back, have learnt so many things in the last couple of trips, it has been magnificent!

Now for the vid! Its long, around 12 mins and its quite big too (25mb), so dial up beware!!

http://www.kerky.com/anon/Sep07.wmv

Pics can also be seen here: http://www.kerky.com/gallery/album44

Nice work JD. Some sweet country back there. A lot of effort gone to, getting all those shots. How about posting some maps of where you were? I have hiked some of that in summer.

I've always wanted to do some BC down there ( i'm a bit over Oz resort skiing) but never knew where to start. Any suggestions?