I was back to my hometown over summer and spent a lot of time with family and friends of family. Friends of family, funny bunch of people!

One uncle is just so arrogant it's unreal. He is one of those people who seem to find it impossible to say sorry - even when they are obviously wrong. He would rather squirm out of it someway where he feels he is saving face or whatever pride thing is going on (but in reality looking a fool) rather than admit to a mistake and say gomen. I just don't get it. What's so hard about saying sorry?

Perhaps me being in Japan I am quite good at saying sorry ( whether I mean it or not! lol.gif )

over the plast few years i've learnt to be honest, not to lie (well, try not to!), and to admit when you're wrong. saying sorry is a big part of this.

it's a huge relief to be totally upfront about everything, to admit when you don't know something, and to apologise to people that you've wronged.

not being able to say sorry must be a massive burden

I'm bitching again (sorry), but the only time in 17 years of marriage that my ex- ever said sorry was when she went on to give me an earful.

As in: "I'm sorry to say this but the way you cut your toenails is wrong..."

She never apologised once about anything. Her reaction to being found wrong was to go on the attack. Sorry.

Absolutely right spook. Last winter she sabotaged my boys' trip to Japan. I had a 13yo crying over the phone to me. She forced me to make two return trips to Perth, while she went on holiday with the dickhead.

I've actually let go, it doesn't consume me any more. They will come when they are ready, but not this winter. She has achieved her objective.

Check this out. The guy was charged with fraud and perjury until the truth came out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/08/30/nframed130.xml

what I hate is compulsive liars, ones who even when they are caught, they know they are caught, you know they are caught, they still tell lies in an attempt to get out of it!! Have some respect, just admit that you lied!!!

Originally Posted By: Tubby Beaver
what I hate is compulsive liars, ones who even when they are caught, they know they are caught, you know they are caught, they still tell lies in an attempt to get out of it!! Have some respect, just admit that you lied!!!

I have known a few people like that. Some are even old blokes. I can't help but think.

Man.....your gunna die soon. Don't you just want to be honest for at least one part of your life before you die?

A couple of friends are like that. They don't tell big lies, but they tell them all the same, what makes it worse its to people who have known them their whole life!! We know when they are bullshitting!! They know that we know but they still talk shite.

Here's an example:

My mate, who is a huge Billy Liar, works in this factory in town. he told everyone on his shift that he was shagging this secretary in their office, everyone knew it was bullshit, just that he liked her. So they set him up, got some bird to phone him pretending to be the secretary and arranged to meet him just before lunchtime at the local Mcdonalds. He told his boss that he had a dentist appointment and needed time off, he was IN on the joke, so he said yeah. A few of them follow my mate in his car to McD's where they watched him wait about 30 mins after the bird was meant to show. he leaves and heads back to work. So the boys on the floor all ask him where he has been and he says the dentist, but they start laughing and tell him that they know where he's been as it was them who set him up. Does my mate come clean and say, "yeah, you got me, you bastards!!" Does he ****, he swears blind that he has been to the dentist, says he got 2 fillings and that he is seeing the bird in the office!!!!!

FFS, get a grip you stupid ****!!