Emails not getting through

With more people getting stricter on their email filters, and many not actually knowing properly what they are doing, it seems more people are not seeing their non-spam real emails getting through. I know it has happened to me - I have sent mails to a friend and when they didn't respond and I asked them they said they hadn't seen it... must have been put in the junk box or something and they just missed it. Other friends have said similar things. It's rather annoying, and I suppose it will only increase.

This may not be possible but is there anything that I can do from my side to make sure people actually get my email? My mail address does not look like spam and I usually put decent Subject lines on them as well....

in the past few weeks I have been sending messages on facebook to my friends, eliminates the problems of lost emails as you get a continous back and forward message system going with each particular individual: easier the track and see your messages with that person.

emails are slowly dying under the weight of spam.

69, you should request a 'return receipt' so you can be sure your friends are really getting your mail or just saying that they didnt to hide their laziness.

also are they hotmail addresses that are not getting the messages? hotmail is a hopeless dog of thing, many websites these days say dont supply a hotmail address when registering your details etc.

Hotmail is the black hole of email addresses' it really is terrible.

Say goodbye to hotmail.