Anyone else see on the news about those amusement parks in China that look like Disneyland not only in layout but also the characters - along with other characters like Poo, Doraemon, Hello Kitty, the list goes on.

Cracks me up when they try to say they are original characters.

Found a clip here:

Kitty & Doraemon's whiskers seem to be coming off. It just doesn't look right somehow to have those two walking around amongst the seven dwarves.

Me Tarzan was talking about this the other day. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

Our company has it's own registered brand produced in a factory in China. Last year we received a package of samples from our wholesaler which had been wrongly addressed and was intended for a retailer in another country. The box of samples contained our brand!

I saw an item on that after the initial reports of them taking down the characters and painting over some of the images at one of those parks. Amazing how they (think they) can get away with such blatant theft.

They do it all the time and get away with it because their gov. supports them.

A few years back Honda had a contract with a Chinese factory to make 100,000 scooters for the J-market. The factory made a million and sold the other 900,000 to SE-Asian countries. Honda took the factory to court (in China) and the judge ruled that the other 900,000 were the factories original design and that the similarities were a coincidence.