Oh dear lord db, look at your name. eek.gif now you will never again be able to be ".db." again.

There might have to be an intervention. I think it is just all one big call for attention (the snowboarding-skiing thing, not the name). If everyone was telling you, "try skiing, try skiing," you would be saying, "naaaa I'm a snowboarder." But now every post you have to affirm that you are no longer a snowboarder.

whatever

I thought it was db with big ears.

You think it is a hassle getting across Tokyo with a snowboard and boots, try taking a snowboard, boots, skis, poles, and more boots.

You're right I missed the "as I get older" part. I too think it would maybe be fun to try skiing again, but not because I have anything against snowboarding. I love snowboarding, I am just curious to see how skiing has evolved since I stepped on to a board.

I don't know where you get the 2 to 3 seasons thing deebs. I think you could pick up skiing in half a season (20 days) to the point where you could do it proficiently.

People seem to have this misrepresentation about the difficulty level of skiing. I think it's a carry over from the days where slalom and moguls on skinny skiis were king. Maybe 20 years ago, skiing took a long time to learn, but these days with the equipment that is available, an athlete can pick it up rather quickly. Turning on those fat skis was soooo easy - I was going down moguls, albeit not with much flair in the second hour of my first day on them.

It's really not that hard.

I thought it was a `red bull` db, ya know, with wings.

I ride goofy and my mate regular. Last time we were out we swapped boards. Now I`m relatively good fakie, having forced myself to do it from the start, but when it came to walking to the lift..... shhess, we were falling about all over the place like drunken monkeys, and not impressing many people on the way.

Practice walking (with board attached) first, is my tip. ;\)